Andrea Blakeley, MBACP (Accredited)
I consider myself to have a warm and gentle manner with my clients, recognising that people need to feel comfortable and have a safe space before they can be open and trust the therapist.
I have been working with clients for a number of years and experienced different settings such as NHS Primary Care, Primary schools (staff and children), Key Worker Staff, Young Adult Carers and the Voluntary Sector.
I am in regular supervision for my clinical work which is essential to maintain my professional standards and I frequently participate in continued personal development (CPD) by attending relevant training courses and workshops which helps to keep my practice current.
I am fully insured and work in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework which includes commitment to clients, ethics and good practice.
Qualifications and CPD
- BA (hons) Humanistic Counselling (Chichester University)
- Diploma Humanistic Counselling (Chichester University)
- Diploma in Child Counselling (Centre of Excellence)
- Certificate in Applied Transactional Analysis in Clinical Practice (The Link Centre)
- Diploma in Arts and Science of Neurolinguistic Language Programming (INLPTA)
- ACT for Loss and Grief (Psychwire)
- ACT for Trauma (Psychwire)
- ACT for Depression and Anxiety (Psychwire)
- Certificate in Working with Adult Survivors of Child Abuse in Trauma (NAPAC)
- Certificate in Trauma and Recovery (The Wealden College of Counselling)
- Safeguarding Adults Level 3 (West Sussex County Council)
- Safeguarding Young People and Vulnerable Young Adults (Health Education England, NHS)
- Creative Arts Therapy Certificates in Sand Tray, Painting, Clay work (Chichester University)
- Certificate in Counselling Clients with Depression (SAGE Counselling)
- The Counsellors Toolbox when Working with Shame (Brighton)
- The Polyvagal Theory Certificate (Onlinevents)
- Mood and Food Certificate (Onlinevents)
- Certificate in Men, Shame and Intimacy (Onlinevents)
- Certificate in Eating Disorders (Onlinevents)